Thursday, October 4, 2012

Warm woods Part I

I recently visited Armstrong Woods State Natural Reserve in Sonoma County. 



The place is an awesome 805 acre old-growth redwood forest.  Specifically, coast redwoods.  In the picture above, that's me sitting on a giant tree trunk.



If you thought it had been warm in the valley, well, it wasn't much better in the woods. Unless you think warm and stuffy is awesome.



But back to the trees!  Coast redwoods grow as far as fifty miles inland and rely on the fog for survival (fog provides much-needed moisture).



I went hiking up and down the steep trails amongst the awesome trees.  What a workout!



Taking a break in the shade inside a tree trunk.  Stay tuned for Part II!

1 comment:

  1. Darn, I was hoping the sour patch kids ate you.

    ReplyDelete