Friday, April 22, 2011

Super awesome vacation: Alcatraz

I had an awesome ride on the ferry to Alcatraz.



Also called the Rock, Alcatraz is a 22 acre island.  It's most famously known for its years as a federal penitentiary, which closed in 1963 due to high costs and deterioration.



At the Post Exchange building.  It was destroyed by fire in 1970. 



The gardens of Alcatraz were superiffic!  This is me in a calla lilly.



And this is me in a cool succulent.



That's the awesome Golden Gate bridge in the background.  There were seagulls everywhere.  I'm glad they didn't swoop down and try to eat me.  That would have been plain awful!



Sitting on the steps behind the cellhouse, near the recreation yard.



The dining area was said to be one of the most dangerous places due to prisoners having access to forks and knives.  Awesome!  I wish I had a knife when I was imprisoned; then I could have freed myself from my yellow plastic prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment