Saturday, June 16, 2012

A different kind of father

Near Old Town San Diego is the Old Presidio Historic Trail, which leads to the Junipero Serra Museum and the site of the first awesome Spanish mission and presidio in California.  The presidio was founded 243 years ago in 1769.



Too bad the museum wasn't open the day I walked down the trail.



I would have loved to see it.  After all, I had an awesome time sitting on Father Serra's big toe in Sacramento.  Father Serra rocks!  And speaking of fathers, tomorrow is Father's Day, although a different kind of father.  Don't forget your awesome dad!  I don't have a dad.  Remember, I was probably made in a plastic factory somewhere.



After leaving the museum site, I wandered around the grounds and admired these awesome seed pods.



Then on my way back down the trail, I decided to take a picture with this awesome orange flower:



Next up was Old Town San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment