Monday, September 10, 2012

Absolutely petrified

My big friends and I visited The Petrified Forest in Calistoga.



The forest is a California Registered Historical Landmark and is the only known petrified forest in California.



Many of the petrified trees looked like ordinary fallen tree trunks on the ground and were surrounded by barriers.





But some awesome tree pieces were in the open.



They were cool to the touch like rocks!



My big friends exclaimed that the place "sucked!" and was a "rip-off!" 



I'll have to be honest: it's not the most awesome place in the world.  You're better off enjoying a day at Bale Grist Mill and Bothe-Napa State Parks.



But petrified trees are still awesome!  I was getting ready to sign the vistitor log when one of my big friends grabbed the pen and signed me in.  Wow, she really wanted to leave the place!  She told me I was too slow.  She's so silly sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. A place that is not completely awesome? I'm shocked Little Man. Are you petrified?

    ReplyDelete