Wednesday, September 12, 2012

¿Que pasa? Awesome Mexican food, that's what!

Today I decided to check out La Esperanza out in the ghetto. The ghetto is awesome by the way.  La Esperanza must be one smokin' hot Mexican joint because the line of big people was trailing out the door and into the parking lot.



I love having appetizers with my meals, so of course I had to start off with some super nachos. Isn't it amazing how much Mexican food is classified as super? If it was up to me, it would be awesome nachos! Those jalapeños were muy caliente!



And what glorious treat is wrapped within this foil?



Why, it's a bunch of delicious tamales!



Beneath the paper lies the corn husks. A tamale has so many layers. It's just like me! I am a complex person with many layers!



You may have noticed I've been sitting on the tamale at each of it's different layers. It sure was a lot of sitting.



It was really worth it, though! Once you get through the corn meal layer, you get to the delicious meat. I grabbed a handful of it and stuffed it in my mouth. I had one awesome fiesta!

1 comment: