Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Munchin' around town

A few other stops on my trip included the Upside-Down House in Lee Vining.  The house was created by Nellie Bly O'Bryan, a longtime resident of the Mono Basin, and was inspired by two children's stories, Upside Down Land and The Upsidedownians.



Everything inside the small house is, of course, upside-down, including the (fake) cat.  Nearby is the Mono Cone where I got a chocolate soft-serve ice cream cone and battled alkali flies from landing on it!



In Mammoth Lakes, I bought this waffle-shaped donut from Vons.  Then I headed over to The Stove, a restaurant known for its country cookin'.



They served some delicious breads to start off with.



Then my main courses arrived.  This is the Sierra Sunrise -- potatoes, bell pepper, onion, ham, cheddar, and two mighty fine eggs!



I also had a plate of eggs, bacon, and potatoes.  D-licious!  The food was awesome!  And I had an awesome time in the Eastern Sierra!

1 comment: