Monday, May 5, 2014

Fun in the forest Part I

On my way to Yosemite National Park, I passed by miles and miles of the Stanislaus National Forest, which was severely burned during the Rim Fire last year.



These are some of the charred remains from the Rim Fire, which was the third largest wildfire in California's history.  The fire was supposedly caused by a hunter's illegal fire, which is most definitely not awesome.  Big people sure can be irresponsible sometimes!



I may look quite chipper in the photos but really, I was a very sad little man.  (Plastic people can't change the facial expression they're made with.)



But on to happier things: Yosemite National Park!  It luckily did not suffer as much damage as the Stanislaus National Forest.



Also, food always makes me happy!  I brought along an awesome ham and cheese croissant from La Bou to chow down on before going on a hike.



I enjoyed the awesome scenery at the park.



Stay tuned for more photos from Yosemite!

No comments:

Post a Comment