Sunday, June 15, 2014

A seashore befitting a king Part III

At McClures Beach, I did some rock climbing.



These rocks may be nothing to a big person but they're huge to a little man!



Enjoying the ocean view from my rocky ledge.



I later hiked in the Tule Elk Reserve.  The elk were super awesome!



Even though I didn't comingle with the elk, I did hang out with a beetle that I met along the way back.  It didn't have much to say so I just sat and kept it company for a while.



Last stop was Pierce Ranch!



Old farming equipment is always awesome.



Old barns are cool, too.  This barn was built around the 1870's and was originally a milking barn; it was later turned into a hay barn.  There are still lots of active ranches in Point Reyes so cattle is a common sight.



Ooh, and old phones!  Actually, this phone isn't that old but pay phones are a rare sight these days.  However, they sure do come in handy when one doesn't have cell reception.  I had such an awesome time at Point Reyes National Seashore.  I can't wait to visit again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment