Saturday, September 6, 2014

Marvelous mansion

My big friends and I went to the Governor's Mansion State Historic Park. 



This super duper, grand, old Victorian mansion was built in 1877, and the State of California purchased it in 1903 for $32,500 to serve as a home for California's first families.



I had a blast on the tour.  I walked by the clawfoot bathtub...



...and I walked on the awesome wood flooring up on the third floor. 



In the 1950's style kitchen, there was an awesome assortment of old kitchen tools and old food containers on display.  Oh boy, oh boy, I love old things!



Outside was the carriage house, which houses the visitor center and shop.



This model of the mansion was on display in the visitor center.  This mansion is definitely more my size!



Visiting the mansion was a great way to spend the afternoon.  I had an awesome time!

1 comment:

  1. Do you like old things because you are old?

    ReplyDelete