Monday, September 19, 2011

Discovering gold Part I

Hello, awesome friends!  I took a trip to Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park in Coloma.



My visit was so awesome, there's going to be five parts.  Can you spy me in the above picture?  Look low and to the left. 



Inside the Gold Discovery Museum were tons of awesome displays, including fake big people in downright spiffy clothes.  The picture is focused on the big person so you can admire his awesome outfit.



Sitting in an abalone shell.



Touching the furs.  Wowie, this one was soft!  My mighty green hand didn't want to stop touching it. 



More awesome fake big people.



A model of Sutter's Mill.  Sutter as in John A. Sutter, the founder of Sacramento, which was know as New Helvetia way back in the mid-1800's.  History is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment