Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Discovering gold Part II

I enjoyed the exhibits in the Gold Discovery Museum.



They were awesome and informative.  I learned that gold can be found in computers, radios, and TVs. 



Also, people mined gold from lode deposits or placer deposits.  As one of the museum's signs said, "Lode deposits consist of veins of gold that have formed in cracks in the earth.  Placer deposits consist of loose gold that has accumulated in valleys, often amid the sand and gravel of riverbeds like that of the American River."  Awesome!  Maybe you'll learn something new, too!



After filling my big Little Man brain with more knowledge, I headed outside.



Ooh, the jail ruins.  It gave me the chills.



I didn't stay long.



A peaceful, old house representative of the 1860's.  Too bad it wasn't open at the time; I saw all sorts of awesome things through the windows.  Coming up next: James Marshall's cabin (did anyone ever call him Jimmy?) and more!

1 comment:

  1. Being as small as you are, your brain probably is super tiny...and it probably doesn't take much to "fill" it...

    ReplyDelete