Saturday, March 9, 2013

Little Man, big trees Part I

I'm a little man and I like big trees.  Granted, all trees are big to me but I like really big trees.



So off to Calaveras Big Trees State Park I went!  I heard there are awesome giant sequoias there.



There are also black bears.  Bears are awesome, too, but from a distance.  



I went to the Visitor Center...



...and visited the dead critters on display.  They represented the types of park inhabitants.



In the gift shop were these spiffy "twig crayons".  Imagine going to school with one of these!  You'd be the talk of the town for sure!



Back outside I enjoyed all the awesome trees.



Stay tuned for more big trees in Part II!

1 comment:

  1. As a child, did you have a twig crayon? Were you the talk of the town?

    ReplyDelete